Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How it all started.....

Hello everyone, Welcome to my Blog!

This Blog isn't about anything specific, it's just about the things I like, think, and do on a daily basis. But before I get into why I feel the need to have a blog, I thought I'd share the story of how it all started.

Okay, do you all see these cookies? These cookies are the inspiration behind this whole blog.

My daughter who is in preschool, came home one day before Valentines day with cookies from her teacher that were similar to these. They were Short Bread cookies, with 1/2 of each cookie dipped in chocolate. Oh YUM!!! They were soooo..... good! Well, my husband went out of town the day before Valentines day and left me all alone with 3 kids on that wonderful day of love, so I replaced him with my own version of the cookies I was newly obsessed with.

Now, the reason these cookies have inspired me to finally start some sort of crafty blog is this... they turned out so pretty! Don't you think they are pretty? I was so proud of myself, I wanted to share this picture with the world. I like to bake, but I am not very good at it, and most of the time the things I bake are eatable, but they look awful! I never ever offer to bring dessert anywhere because I always mess something up, and it just looks sad, and you know people are only eating it out of pity, or they aren't even eating it at all, they are just taking a piece and dumping it in the garbage can. I just decided that since no one was going to be around to know if I screwed up or not on these cookies, I would try them.

I made a batch of sugar cookies, melted chocolate and dipped them in & let them cool down. Then I took white chocolate, melted it in the microwave and used my cake decorating kit to drizzle the white stripes on the top. Then I took the 1/2 of the melted white chocolate and added some red dye to it, and then drizzled red strips on top of the cookies as well! Seriously, these cookies are the best thing that I have ever eaten.

My batch of cookies made 60 cookies, so I acted fast and gave away most of them before I could consume them all. I won't deny it, I think I ate at least 20 of them. They were that good, and there was no one around to comment on how many I was eating, so I just kept going! :) It ended up being a good Valentines Day after all!

I am still insanely proud of myself when I think about these cookies and how they turned out, and now I have satisfied my need to share my brilliance with the world. So, Thank You world for sharing this with me! :)

Sugar Cookie Recipe:

1 C Butter
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 t vanilla
2 egs
1 C Sour Cream
5 C Flour
2 t Baking Powder
1 t Baking Soda
1/2 t salt
Mix first 5 ingredients together. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Chill for 1/2 to 1 hour in refrigerator. Roll out dough ad cut into favorite shapes. Bake on ungreased sheet at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!! So proud of you! I am excited to see everything "random" you have to write! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete