Friday, April 22, 2011

Diet Coke

Diet Coke..... those two words can instantly relax me! We are great friends. But....... all good things must come to an end!

Here It comes, I'm just going to say it to the world (or my 8 followers! ) :) I am going to quit drinking Diet Coke! I have already started, It has been over 24 hours since my last drink. Crazy right?

J is going to pass out! I haven't told him yet. He will never believe it. I am hopelessly addicted to Diet Coke, and it's so bad for you. He is always trying to convince me to stop and to drink more water.

I have been drinking Diet Coke since I was about 8 I think. My sister was diagnosed as a Diabetic, and so my mom started buying Diet Soda, and that is when I started drinking Diet Coke and I haven't stopped since. I usually drink at least 2 a day.

I have been thinking a lot lately about quitting. I have been training for a 1/2 marathon, and I know my running would be so much better if I would quit drinking Diet Coke and start drinking more water. I also have been having some problems with the nerves on the left side of my body, and part of me thinks that if I drank more water that would help release some of the bad toxins in my body, and maybe my nerve problems wouldn't be so bad.

I never drink water, I don't really like how it tastes. But I will drink it if I don't have any Diet Coke in the house because I don't like drinking juice or anything else. So, if I eliminate the Diet Coke then I will seriously up my water intake, and that can only benefit my body.

So, I am saying goodbye to my old friend for good I think. I am posting this so that I can't really back out. This is goodbye forever. It's all or nothing with me. I'm not going to be able to just have one every once in a while. I know if I have any at all, I won't stop. (wow, I sound like an alcoholic don't I?)

Thanks everyone for supporting me in my decision! :) Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Good luck with that. Go Jess Go!

    ReplyDelete