Okay everyone, brace yourself. This is a long post! I need to learn how to group all of my pictures together, but since I haven't learned that yet, this post is super long.
Okay, this needs to start out with a little story.... Last weekend, I went out of town on a girl trip. While I was in the security line at the airport I started chatting with this really nice girl who was behind me. I found out she is a blogger and was going to a blogging conference. To make a long story short, we exchanged our blog addresses (hers was on this really nice business card) and we parted ways after security. I did not think about her again until I was cleaning out my suit case and found her card, so I looked her up!
Hello..... she has the coolest, biggest, most awesomest (is that a word?) blog ever!! Had I known this is who I met, I would never have ever dreamed of giving her my blog address. Or, I would have made Little Bo Bakes help me fix mine and make it awesome while we were on vaca together. I'm a little embarrassed. Some small, optimistic part of me is hoping that she has forgotten about me and hasn't actually looked me up. But, I'm not holding my breath!
Are you ready to meet who I met? Everyone, meet a little Tipsy! Her blog is full of crazy cute, and cheap decorating ideas. I loved it! Her blog inspired this blog post. I had just left all of my amazingly crafty friends to come home to discover this blog, I was in crafting heaven. I tried a few of a little Tipsy's crafts and then another one I have wanted to do for a while. It has been a fun few days!
Okay, these first two crafts I found stuff around my house and just had to run to the dollar store and spend a whopping $4.00 on things I needed to have everything for them.
This spring flower bouquet is made out of pipe cleaners. I loved it and I knew my girls would love helping me make this one.
These are the main things I used to make it. I got the eggs and the grass from the dollar store. I already had a vase, pipe cleaners, and ribbon.
You take your pipe cleaners, you need 3 for each flower, and make them into circles, and then twist them into figure eights.
Then stack them all together to form a flower.
Next, you take a green one for the stem, and wrap it around the middle to secure all of the petals in place.
Then, you take your middle color, and wrap it around the flower horizontally, and then make a swirlie for the middle of the flower on both sides.
This is the finished product. Repeat as many times with as many color as you want to make your bouquet. This was a fun and cheap activity to do with my girls.
Here is the link to this project from a little Tipsy's website.
Paper decorated eggs.
These are the supplies I used. I found the eggs, and the styrofoam cup at the dollar store. Everything else I had at my house.
I hollowed out the styrofoam to make a nest, my super secret tool I used to do this was a butter knife from my kitchen. Next, I dug through my giant box of paper scraps, found a few that I liked and tore them into little pieces. I covered the plastic eggs with Modge Podge, then stuck my scraps of torn paper on the eggs and covered them with more Modge Podge. I smoothed and creased the paper until it laid flat on the eggs, then let them dry. Next I hot glued moss onto my nest. It was a really fast and easy project to do. I did end up with Modge Podge all over both of my hands, but I don't think that could have been avoided. I am always messy when it comes to Modge Podge. I did find that you have to work fast before the glue starts to dry or else your hands will start sticking to the paper on the eggs and tearing it off, but that was the only problem I ran into. Here is the link to this project from a little Tipsy's website.
My Fabric wreath!!! :) I have been wanting to do one of these since last spring but just needed to sit down and do it! I'm happy to finally have it done! I keep going outside to look at it hanging on my front door, it makes me happy!
Okay, so the instructions say to use 1 honey bun, but I didn't have a honey bun. I had to go to Joann's for some other material, and all of their material was on sale, so I decided to just pick out my own material and make my own honey bun. This is the stack of material I ended up with. I picked out 20 different types of material, and got 1/8 of a yard of each. I think it ended only costing my around $11.00, which is awesome because a honey bun costs around $30.00. So I saved myself a bunch of money! :)
Next I cut 2 strips out of each fabric measuring 1 1/2 inches wide each. You should end up with 40 1 1/2 inch wide strips of material when you are done.
Then, I cut those strips into 5 1/2 inch long pieces.
I purchased a wire wreath at the craft store. You take your strips and fold them in half, then tie them onto your wreath. Once all of your strips are on the wreath, you just mess with it and fluff it until it looks good.
This project was fairly cheap to make due to awesome sales at the craft stores. The wire wreath was originally $3.50, but I had a 40% off coupon to use on it and then when I got up to the register, I won an easter discount of an extra $2.00 off my purchase, so the wreath was technically free. The material was $11.00, so this project only cost me $11.00.
Here is the link to the fabric wreath tutorial that I used. In the tutorial, she said that she used her whole honey bun, and went around all 4 circle wires of her wreath. I used almost all of my strips and went around the very inside circle and the very top one. So, I'm not sure if I just bunched my fabric to close together, or what. But, there was no way I had any left to go around the other two wire circles. I think next time I will try having my fabric a little more spread apart, or maybe just using 2 honey buns.
I spent $15.00, and a few hours out of my life, and I have some crazy cute Easter decorations. I hope you enjoyed this. Happy Easter everyone! :)